Tuesday, July 31, 2012

New Goals

Okay, after getting this little Wintec to fit Scout better and freeing his shoulders up, we can move on to "going forward."

One of my very best, long-time friends reviewed the first videos I posted and shared her comments on them. I value her opinion and will definitely work on the things she suggested. Mainly - forwardness. We will work on longer reins and focus on forward, forward, forward.

My sweet little B took these videos yesterday morning and I like the last one the best.

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

Video 4

Video 5

Video 5 shows Scout at a decent walk. Yes, he could be moving more forward, but this is the best he has walked under saddle since I've owned him. I wish I had allowed him to stretch completely out, but I was actually just giving him a break before asking him to do some more trot work. The memory card filled up, so this was as much as we got on video. I was pleased with this little bit of progress!

New goals:

1. Forward, forward, forward
2. Longer reins for now
3. Encourage more stretching
4. Be patient
5. Continue to build muscle
6. Find an appropriate saddle
7. Keep riding

We couldn't ride this morning - we had a tremendous round of thunderstorms roll through early this morning. The thunder woke me up at 3AM and I couldn't go back to sleep. The storm raged until after 7AM! Thank goodness for the rain though. We desperately needed it.

Hoping to get back on tomorrow so we can work toward our new goals!



No comments: