Monday, July 9, 2012

Keep Your Fingers Crossed...


Waiting impatiently for this to arrive for a one week trial period. The last time I bought a saddle was in 1994. Actually, I bought 2 saddles that year for my wide pony, Hamlet. I bought a used Stubben Siegfried and a used Passier PS Baum. (Yes, I had more money when I was in college than I do now. Go figure. :))  I still have both of those saddles. Hoping the Stubben has found a good home with a therapeutic riding program; I will find out this week.

So, I was shopping online and found this one. It is within my non-existent-budget (so, thanks to my MOM, it is on its way here for trial). It is a Lucinda Green Thoroughbred All Purpose, 16 1/2 in. medium tree. Not sure of its age, but according to the saddler, it is in good condition. I just hope it is and fits Scout and me.

Been riding as much as possible lately. Waking up early and trying to ride before it gets too hot and humid. Scout has been a really good boy. We're taking it slow and steady because we are both so out of shape. I think I need to get a treadmill for Tonto....not enough time to work 2 each morning!

I'll let you know how the saddle works!

3 comments:

mizscarlett said...

You could always pony Tonto while you're walking up and down the hill on Scout.
:)

buckpony said...

I have thought about that, but both of them are such idiots, I'm kind of chicken to try it...

SunnySD said...

Nice to see you back on and posting - no pun intended.(Well, maybe a little one - lol!)

Congrats on the new saddle - you'll definitely have to let us know how it works out for you :)