Thursday, July 19, 2012

Okay, DON'T Laugh...

For your viewing pleasure, I present to you...
me riding the Thelwell pony, Tonto:

video

We both have a lot of work to do. :)

Other updates:

I sent the beautiful trial saddle back. It was just too big. Hoping to find something smaller. I took tracings of Scout's back to send to Trumbull Saddlery (will post the photos of doing this as soon as I can). They have a wide range of saddles and may have something that works for us. I'm eyeing a 16 in. Crosby, Lexington right now... In the meantime, I am keeping my fingers corssed and have posted a saddle plea to all of my horse friends on FB.

I've ridden almost every day for the last 3 weeks. The day before yesterday and yesterday, I actually rode both ponies - Scout in the early morning and Tonto in the late afternoon. Taking time between rides gives my old, tight muscles a chance to relax before climbing on a second time. Amazing, huh? It sure has been fun!

No comments: