Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Time to Remember



Christmas Day proved to be a wonderful day in more ways than one.
Santa was awfully good to us this year, bringing the kids everything they thought they wanted and more.

And...

My beautiful Grandmother passed away at 1:00 AM on Christmas morning. She was 94 years young. Although very hard to lose her, this was such a blessing, as she has been suffering from Alzheimer's for the past 10 or so years and when we visited her in October, all she wanted was "to go home." She literally meant she wanted to go back to her house, to live in her home with her beloved husband who passed away a year ago in May, but instead of going to a physical house, she most definitely went to Heaven. Grandma was such a lovely lady and a wonderful Grandmother. I will miss her so very much, but I am relieved that she is no longer laying in a bed in a nursing home. What a day to depart from this earth!

Grandmother Harper


Papa Harper

A photo of Papa and Grandma with their 4 children - my Dad is the handsome guy on the left. He is the oldest child.

I think this photo was taken at a surprise birthday party for Grandma - I love the look on Papa's face! Priceless! This is how I remember both of them - they were so fun to be around!



My 3 children after the services. (A didn't want to have her photo taken...hence the droopy head). We are at Papa and Grandma's house. My cousin and her family own it now. I am so happy the house stayed in the family and that it is restored.


The Gerber daisy came from the arrangement on Grandma's casket. The boys were honorary casket bearers.



Before the funeral, we were able to spend some time with my other Grandmother.


This is my Mom's Mom. She will be 93 years young in February. This little lady still goes to Curves 3 days a week and has the best sense of humor!! Her mind is still sharp as a tack and because of that, she is able to stay in her own condo. It is a blessing that my children are able to know their great-grandparents. I believe they realize how lucky they are, too.

No comments: