Saturday, July 12, 2008

Rain is Good...

...unless you get too much at one time. We have had 2 incredible thunderstorms roll through in the past 2 days. The first one dumped over 4and 1/4 inches at my parents' house in Pike Road on Friday before rolling into Prattville where we live. Where we just put all of that topsoil and seed on the hill in front of what was to be my dream barn.

The farrier came to Pike Road to trim the horses' feet, and since my folks were out of town, I had to meet him (one of my favorite things to do). BL the farrier is always so full of wisdom. I love spending time talking to him while I hold the horses.

This is what I saw driving from Pike Road to Prattville. I pulled over to the side of the road to take photos, I was so impressed with the storm rolling in.

As soon as I pulled into our driveway, the bottom fell out. I thought with severe dread, "Oh no! Here goes the hill!!" We spent close to $1,000 on topsoil, seed, straw and water for that hill...

I get my daughter into the house as lightening is popping everywhere and rain is falling like someone pouring it out of a fire hose, go to the door and see this:


This is not good. When I prayed for rain, I was really hoping to get several days of gentle rain, not the "Great Flood." I'm not looking forward to seeing the damage....

2 comments:

fssunnysd said...

Ooh -- sky that color is sure impressive. I definitely like looking at it better from inside something sturdy. Hope your hill didn't wash too badly when it was all said and done!

BaxtersMum said...

I miss those storms...