Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Another Saddle to Try!

The Stubben Edelweiss, Jr. arrived today! I am so excited, I can hardly stand it! The saddle has been so well cared for, it feels like butter. Oh, so supple...

It is a 16 inch, medium-wide tree, and the fact that it is a child's saddle should help my short leg dilemma. Hopefully my legs will actually hang below the saddle flaps. Also, since it is a child's saddle, it should fit Scout's pony back.

Please forgive the quality of the photos. It was late and very dark when I took these, and Scout didn't want to stand still for a photo shoot. He was much more interested in the kids screaming in the tent in our back yard. :)





On Scout's bare back:


From the front, it looked like it could be too wide:


It definitely fits his short pony back:




With a saddle pad and tightened girth:
(It looked SO much better once it had the pad under it and the girth was tight.)




So, please say a little prayer and keep your fingers crossed that it fits us both. I am really tired of saddle searching...

And a really funny thing is that when I ordered Scout's bridle a year ago, I ordered it in dark brown, so it would match my other saddles. At first, State Line sent me the brown one in horse size. Of course it was entirely too large, so I had to send it back and wait on the back-ordered pony bridle for about 6 weeks. When it finally arrived, the pony bridle was the wrong color! Chestnut!! I was miffed, but I never sent it back because I didn't want to wait any longer for a bridle. Well, the chestnut pony bridle matches this saddle almost perfectly! (I'm taking that as a good sign!)

No comments: