Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My Youngest Baby is 5!!!

I believe the phrase I use the most often is, "I just don't know where the time goes." I use this phrase way too much, but that is truly how I feel. I look at photos of my childhood and wonder where that time went. Those endless days just evaporated before my eyes. Now I feel the same way with my children. Our oldest child will be 14 this year. Our middle son will be 9. And our BABY just turned 5 today. Where does the time go??

I don't have any baby photos on this computer...they are sitting on the hard drive of that computer over there....on the floor...the computer that crashed last year and we haven't quite pulled everything off of it yet. So, here are some photos of A when she was about 12 months old to current. Enjoy!

Here's looking at you babe!
(These are the glasses my middle child made in kindergarten to celebrate 100 days of school. Not sure why he chose to strategically place that letter "k" in his line of vision...A looked cute in them though!

Oh yah? Can you do this?
I'd never seen a child do this before...and neither had our pediatrician. A would stick the nipple end of one passy through the ring of another and put the nipple in her mouth. She just liked them this way. She also created "passy chains" by hooking 3 and 4 together like this. Interesting...

Notice the little horses on her dress? She no longer wears dresses unless bribed with ice cream. Yes, she is my daughter...I don't like to wear dresses, either.

Fish lips!


Ah yes, and her favorite super hero is Batman. She even asked for a Batman cake this year....I'm not sure if Daddy is going to allow that though. He feels a Batman cake for a little girl is just too much. Let's see if he can convince her otherwise. :)


"A the Builder."
She is always ready to help out around the house. It seems as though she prefers power tools, too. This is the "I'm bored and ready to get to work" look.


One of my favorite views of A. I LOVE to see her on the pony! :)


Oops....just a little tired here. Must have had a full day at the barn!


A! Quit picking on that manikin! He can't defend himself!
(She thought this was hysterical - a manikin her size!)


Who can resist those freckles and curls? Her Daddy sure can't, for one! :)
(I find it hard to, myself.)

Cousins - there's no better friend than your own kin! :)


She even loves her middle brother sometimes - like when he agrees to carry her all over the sidelines of the soccer field on his back!


Spending some time with her namesake and Great-Grandmother....absolutely priceless.



Nothing like dancing on the beach!



Or holding a baby shark!
(The shark was not harmed in the making of this photo.
It was quickly released back into the ocean.)

Occasionally A will agree to be a little princess...this was for a friend's birthday party.



This is the serious soccer stance.



This is using funky arms and stealing the ball from all of her team mates to score a goal.


This is the sign that she thinks its okay to steal the ball from her team mates right after Dad fusses at her not to steal the ball from her team mates.



This is my sweet girl helping to fill holes in our hopefully-soon-to-be-horse-pasture.


No, she really didn't go to Marti Gras and get all those beads...her Grandma had them. :)


Notice the war paint on her face? A had the lovely idea of getting mud from the lake and painting it on her face....the hand prints were really cute, but a bit on the smelly side.


One happy girl after receiving her soccer trophy and a cupcake to celebrate the end of the soccer season!


Fun in the snow.
This is the second time in her life she has seen snow. We don't get much snow in the south.



All dressed up for the Father/Daughter Dance on Valentines' Day.
Yes, it took LOTS of ice cream to get her in this dress.
She was adorable. And a bit silly.


Looking cute for the camera at her oldest brother's soccer game on March 11
(where he scored his first goal EVER!)


Going down the courthouse stairs in Westville, Georgia this past weekend.


A and her walking stick in Providence Canyon from this past weekend as well.
I would have uploaded the photos from her small family birthday party tonight, but as I was cooking dinner, I placed a hot pan on the side of the sink. For some reason, A went over to it and put her lips on it! It burned her bottom lip very badly. I immediately administered ice, but it swelled and blistered very quickly. There were lots of tears tonight, through dinner, through blowing out her big "five" candle, and through opening her gift. I felt awful and didn't have the heart to look at those photos. A was very excited to get her "snuggie" though. That was one of several things she had on her list. We have her big birthday party on Sunday. Hopefully we won't have any mishaps and I can post some happy photos.
Once again, I just don't know where the time goes. It seems like only yesterday A was just a tiny little wiggly, adorable baby we were getting to know. Now she is already 5 and excited about starting kindergarten in August. She is an amazing blessing and I will do my best to cherish every moment with her, and our precious boys.
Happy Birthday, A.
I love you.

4 comments:

Fyyahchild said...

You have an award waiting for you on my blog.

https://workcenter.secure.probusiness.com/wp_prwc21/logon.asp

:)

BaxtersMum said...

hey - she reminds me a little of you...

ok, a lot.
:)

茂一 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
謝詩涵 said...

how do u do?................................................................