Friday, January 16, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday to My BFF of 26 years!

My faithful cheer leader and supporter through so much...



This post should be much, much longer, but unfortunately due to the time factor, it will be briefer than I want.

Our family moved to Pike Road in December 1983. Back then, Pike Road was "out in the country," so only luck (or God) would have it that a girl my very same age lived right next door. We even ended up in the same 3rd grade class together and shared an amazing love for horses. We were instant friends and our friendship flourished and grew through millions of trials and tribulations over and through the years, but she stuck by me; an unfaltering, caring, loving, very best friend. We have been through so, so much together. She knows some of my deepest, darkest secrets, and I know they are safe with her. I would trust her with my life; with my kids' lives. Although we are now worlds apart (or so it feels with her living all the way across the country now), we can still talk and pick up right where we left off. She is one of my closest, very best friends in the whole entire world. I miss her so much - her witty, brilliant humor, and her loving compassion.

We shared so many fun times together....like swimming the horses in her pond....



She was always supporting me during competitions.....


Thank you so much for all you have done for me and with me. There are so many treasured memories. I want to wish you all my best for your birthday on January 17th and I sure wish I was there to share the celebration with you. I love you so much HCG#2 - LYLAS. Happy, Happy Birthday to YOU!!!!

1 comment:

BaxtersMum said...

dammit girl - quit making me cry.

i miss you every day and wish you were with me through every exciting thing and every tough thing I do.

and you are - I can hear you cheering ME on all the time in my head.

I am who I am because you were my friend.
I love you!