Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thanksgiving

Wow, where has the time gone? Still ticking by way too fast. That's the exact reason I hate the ticking of a clock. It reminds me of the time ticking by and minutes I can never get back. I need to put a positive spin on that, because thinking that could become quite depressing!
Work is keeping me extremely busy (thankful to still have a job after they laid off 1% of our staff right before Thanksgiving.) My heart goes out to those families. The downfall though...I have no time to blog!
A lot has been going on here - not much horse stuff unfortunately, but a lot of other things!
D played in the State Finals for soccer, but unfortunately his team did not win any of their games. They sure played their hearts out though! We are very proud of all of the kids and especially D.





Our neighbor had a birthday party for her son recently, and brought her horses over for the kids to ride. This fellow is "Rooster." My husband and I went to look at a house for sale a couple of years ago and Rooster was one of three starving horses in a pasture of dirt behind the house. The people had been transferred and had to find homes for the horses within two weeks. My sweet neighbor's Mom bought two of the horses, Rooster and a mare named Cocoa, while the little mustang went to a wonderful family with a little girl who adores her. Rooster was by far in the worst shape of the three. Here is a before shot:




and here is a recent one:



We had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with some of my husband's family from California. C1 & C2 are awesome and we always enjoy being around them. Hoping they will return soon for another visit to the south. ;)

My husband and the kids built this awesome teepee out of limbs, leaves and pine straw!
The weather threatened rain...so.....


we wrapped it on plastic to keep the cushy leaves on the floor from getting too wet!

Sam, the newest addition to our family, seems to be settling in and feeling like part of the family. He follows me to the end of our driveway every day...and is waiting in the same spot when I get home in the afternoons. That is loyalty. He is such a sweet dog and deserves a loving home. A and I bought him a dog bed recently that came with a stuffed dog bone with a squeaky inside. It took him all of five minutes to shred it and find the squeaky. That may have been the best five minutes of that silly dog's life. :)


The puppies that my parents rescued from South Carolina in October are having a blast digging up all of my Mom's favorite potted plants...and tearing up everything they can...as puppies do. :) They have now been spayed and neutered, so one less worry...If you know anyone looking for a very sweet and loving puppy, the little boy, Max, still needs to find a home. My folks are willing to keep the 2 little girls. We have no clue as to their breeding, but since they are approximately six months old, shouldn't get much bigger. They are all below knee height.

Nothing to report on the barn...it has been over a year since the concrete was poured for the aisle, and several months since the gully washer scoured the new topsoil off the hill. I try not to pressure my husband too much about it, but I am dying to get the horses here. (The ticking time...) They will probably be so old by the time we get them here, I'll be caring for geriatrics (and I'll be geriatric, too!)! At least I can still visit them on the weekends. Oh, and Tractor Supply just had its Grand Opening today, so maybe we can get fencing and barn supplies from there... :) Christmas is coming up soon!

I have another post I want to share soon - it is a pretty neat story about blogging!
Thank you for stopping by and I hope all is well with all of you.

3 comments:

mizscarlett said...

miss you!

Pony Girl said...

Life does get hectic and busy....especially this time of year! I am hoping to get snowed in this weekend and just relax! :)
Poor Rooster, makes me so sad to see a horse that thin. It takes a long time with little food to get that emaciated! I'm glad he was given a second chance. Hope the barn projects kicks in again soon!

SunnySD said...

Hey, PRG - thanks for the comments! This time of year always seems crazy, and with Thanksgiving so late, this year even more so. I love the photos of the boys playing soccer - they look like they're having a great time. And so intense :)

Puppies sure do grow fast, don't they. Hope you have a great holiday season, with some horse time in their for you, but at very least, time with family to re-charge. I look forward to hearing more of your adventures soon!