Monday, August 24, 2009

More Progress!

This past weekend was an amazing gift - the weather cooled off to the low 80's with low humidity, which is absolutely unheard of in these parts in late August. Normally, this time of year it is in the high 90's with very high humidity. It is so hot and humid, it can be hard to breathe and you have the potential to sweat to death. But not this weekend. This weekend was awesome and we had family in town willing to help put up fencing. Since I was helping drive a few metal posts in the ground, I didn't take any photos of the work party, but you can see from the photos that my husband worked incredibly hard on the wooden fence:

B put up 17 sections between Saturday and Sunday. Sunday he had no help - our extended family had gone back home while the kids and I went to my parents' house to bathe the horses and treat Filly's sweet itch.

The progress was great - with the help of my parents and B's Dad and brother on Saturday, we were able to put up all of the metal posts along the trees and ditch. To complete the fence, we lack 13 sections of the wooden fence and approximately 8 metal fence posts.

Hopefully the next projects will be bringing in some more dirt and sod to try to repair the damage done to the hill last year after the bad rains and finishing the pole barn...I'm so ready! :)

1 comment:

SunnySD said...

Woo-hoo! That is BEe-U-ti-ful fence! I'm drooling - out here in grassland country we see a lot more metal stakes than fence posts!