Friday, May 28, 2010

Rest in Peace, Maggie. You will be forever in my heart.

Midnight Magnolia
May 8, 1978 - May 28, 2010


Thank you for all the wonderful memories, Maggie, and for the many times you saved my butt when you should have bucked me off and run away. You had tremendous patience with all of us young, dumb kids, and you never put a foot wrong. Your sweet, soft nickers of greeting, now quieted, will be greatly missed. Everyone who knew you loved you - the kind, gentle, bay mare Maggie. You can now rest in peace and no longer be in pain. God speed, Maggie. I love you.

4 comments:

Miss Kitty said...

I'm so, so sorry to hear about your beloved Maggie. You're both in my thoughts and prayers. Maggie will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.

(((hugs)))

buckpony said...

Thank you so much, Miss Kitty. I still miss her so much, but at least I have lots of photos and wonderful memories. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

American Girl said...

I am sorry to hear about your horse. I love horses. I have several stuffed animals.
A black one with a star is called Star Night, my brown one with a star is called Star Dust, my chestnut with a star is called Ace, and my palomino stick horse with a blaze is called Silver. Though Silver isn't grey I love the Lone Rangers shows.

Karen C. said...

For the first time I clicked on 'next blog' after looking at my own...I came to yours. I am so sorry about your loss of Maggie. She will forever live in your heart, and a piece of her will live in mine. You described her life very well...she was lucky to have you, and you her. Hugs!