Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Soccer Updates and Other Things

Well, first off, Happy Veteran's Day! My hubby served in Desert Storm, so I thank him for his service. Thank you to everyone who is currently serving or who has served at some point - your selflessness is more appreciated than you will ever know.
Things are still just as crazy as ever around here. I don't think work is ever going to slow down, and with the economy like it is, I should not complain. I love my job...I love my job...I love my job!
Halloween was a lot of fun...the kids picked out their costumes. D was a cowboy, B was a Clone Trooper, and A decided she had to be "Batman Girl" rather than the black cat she originally wanted to be...Boy, she is quite the tomboy! (Please don't laugh too hard at the photos! :) The guy that blends in with the fire place is D's best friend.




Filly is now back at my parents' house...and already rubbing her tail. UGH! I think she is bored and has too many places to rub. It may be time to make her a paddock out of electric tape...I know that sounds awful, but anything to keep her from self mutilation! It is too cold for bugs now, so that is no excuse.

The puppies are still doing great. The little boy, Max, is lined up to get "tutored" soon; right around Thanksgiving. Then the girls will get "fixed" in December. They are so fun to be around. They especially love to play in the leaves...it is so funny to hear 12 little feet running through the dry leaves. It makes a great spook excuse for the horses.

And great news - D played in the District Tournament last Saturday. After a really long, grueling day, and two incredibly difficult games, D and his team are headed to State Finals! They won the U-14 division! Those kids played their hearts out. He plays on a co-ed team, and let me tell you, those girls are TOUGH.


Below is D's All Star Team. Notice the blue hair...you should have seen the kids with the green jerseys! They looked like martians with their green hair!

This is the next up and coming soccer player - she can't wait to turn 4 so she can play on a team!

D with his hard earned championship soccer trophy.


So, a lot going on here - hey I saw that our gas prices are down to $1.99 a gallon!!!!! I haven't seen prices like that since I was in high school! Sure would be nice if they would stay down, but I seriously doubt it. I shall enjoy it while it lasts though...maybe make a few extra trips out to my folks place to play with the horses and puppies!

Hope all is well with you guys.

5 comments:

SunnySD said...

Great pictures! Glad things are well with you. Love the action soccer shots, and the Halloween costumes. We doled out candy this year, but evidently newly teenage girls, or at least one of them, consider themselves to mature to dress up anymore. She was still very appreciative of all the candy, though-lol!

BaxtersMum said...

Am loving the new photos up on Facebook too!

You need to do a pony club post. I never knew how much you had going on!!!!

Miss you! Hope you have a great turkey day.

new blog:
mizscarlett.wordpress.com

Ingrid said...

Hello...I found this blog randomly by a comment you left on another blog about the O'Connors...you mentioned Felicidad Farm and I recognized you. You may not remember me, but my name is Ingrid and I was Maggie's owner from 91-96, and I took riding lessons from Trish McGregor. I am beyond thrilled to see that Maggie is alive and well. I would appreciate it so much if you would email me janeingrid@gmail.com
I've wondered so much about Maggie over the years!
Glad to hear you're doing well.
Hope to hear from you soon!

Ingrid

buckpony said...

Ingrid!

I am completely blown away that by chance you found me! I left that comment on the O'Connor blog and was really hoping the groom would respond. I think she thought I was a nut case though and the blog was shut down soon after! :)

Maggie is doing great for 30 years old! :) I'm sending you a separate e-mail with photos. Would love to see you if you are ever in our area. How is your Mom??

Thank you so much for contacting me - would love to catch up with you one day soon!

SunnySD said...

Good to hear from you! Hope all is well out there on the east coast, and that your new year brings all that is good and happy - and may it be less stressful and slower paced, as well! LOL! Maybe we'll see you back in the blog-o-sphere soon, but until then, it's always nice to hear from you. Happy New Year!