Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Time Marches On

Yep, we are still alive. :) Time just gets away from me. I get swept up in work assignments, kids, trying to clean house (fail) and trying to keep up with laundry (major fail). At least I keep the kitchen and bathrooms fairly clean...and the barn is fairly clean...

Anyway, all is well here. Our oldest child is in his second year of college and will be 21 years old in June. Holy Cow. Hubby and I are not old enough to have a child 21 years old. He is making us proud parents though and still has aspirations to become a veterinarian. Goodness knows we could sure use a vet in the family!

He is very busy going to school full-time, working almost full-time at a vet clinic and he has a full-time girlfriend. He also cuts grass on his days off and helps a lady with her 15 acres since her husband has passed away. Nope, he never sleeps.

A and his sweet girlfriend at Snow Mountain (Stone Mountain, GA)
 
Our middle son (the very tall redhead in the photo below) will be 16 years old in August. He won't quit growing. B is now 6'0, and quickly catching up to his Dad who is 6'1. He did not get his height from me. (I am 4'11 and a half.) He is a wonderful soccer player and has played for the high school the last 2 years. He is also a brilliant photographer/videographer.


Easter 2017
 
Thankfully Hubby has a knack for teaching the kids to drive. I just can't. My legs are too short. If I had to jump over from the passenger side to hit the brake, I would never be able to reach it! I don't know my left from my right, either, so that causes problems when teaching one to drive.
 
B is so big, his cousin can sit in his lap at soccer games... :)
 
 
Our baby is now 12 years old and is taller than me. Since I am now the shortest one in the family, I told Hubby I am going to start acting my height. He said I already do. :) Her love is soccer. And she is really good. Next year as a seventh grader, she can try out for the girls high school JV soccer team. She'd better make it.
4 years old

12 years old
 
Yep, we are very proud of our 3 children. I just can't believe how fast the years are flying by.
 
And yes, we still have all of the horses.
 
Tonto and Filly are at our house:
 


 
Jack is still at my parents' house:
 
 
Scout is on loan to my childhood friend to keep her other pony company. He has been gone from here for a year now and is doing great in his new home.
 
These photos were taken in January before Scout left our house on May 22, 2016:
 



 
All is good here, just crazy busy with life! :)
Until next time....Happy Riding!
 
 
 


 
 
 

No comments: