Work in Progress was a featured blogger on mugwump chronicles (http://mugwumpchronicles.blogspot.com/) and that is how I was introduced to her blog. I love Work in Progress, as we are similar in that we both have children, work full time, and both have a strong desire to continue riding. However, she has lived through some really rough times in her childhood and young adult life; things I could not even imagine. She has survived them and become a stronger, even more beautiful person. Fyyahchild blogs about her horses, her dreams, and sometimes her past, in a way that makes for a great and very interesting read. I can't wait to see how she succeeds with her beautiful new paint mare she is sharing with her niece.
For the privilege of receiving the award, I am supposed to tell you 7 things about me that you don't already know and pass the award on to 15 other beautiful bloggers. (I don't read 15 other blogs, but I'll share it with the ones I do read!)
Hum, 7 things you don't already know about me....or maybe you do. :)
1) My favorite color is green, yet I despise the color neon green. I love various shades of green, and Hunter green is a fav. When I was Pony Clubbing, my event colors were Kelly green and pink. They were obnoxious, but I liked them! :)
2) I am a graduate B from Pinchona Pony Club.
3) My favorite food is fried chicken, rice and gravy. The way my Momma makes it.
4) I love fresh vegetables. I have been known to sit down and polish off a whole head of Romaine lettuce by myself. No salad dressing required.
5) I love ponies. Don't get me wrong, I love horses, too, but there is just something about ponies...that strong-willed, often stubborn personality, makes me smile. As a short person, their small size is a plus for me. There is nothing that compares to a bond with a pony that "gets" you. Buck "got" me and we had an incredible partnership.
I have always admired Emerson Burr's ponies and grew up reading "The Pony Book, The World of Emerson Burr." Please forgive the ripped cover. It is very loved. :)
6) If I could have two wishes granted, they would be to own a pony farm as Mr. Burr did and never sell the ponies, only lease them to kids. I would also open a pony rescue. I feel ponies are often misunderstood. I think they are just a whole lot smarter than we are. :)
7) My dream is to ride again, without fear, with confidence and as an effective rider. Dressage.
Now to share this Beautiful Blogger award. The following are the blogs I visit on a regular basis because I enjoy them:
1) A Southern Girl in Vegas: http://vegasgrits.wordpress.com/. I read this one daily because we grew up together and I want to know what she's up to. Plus she is living her dream of owning and successfully competing her gorgeous Arabian in Dressage. She is also known to post some rather thought-provoking posts. :)
2) Braymere Custom Saddlery: http://braymere.blogspot.com/. This is another one I read daily. Jennifer makes custom tack for model horses and her work is exquisite. Oh, to own one of her tiny English saddles (and a bridle...girth, a complete set!)!! You must check out her blog whether or not you are a model horse enthusiast. You will be amazed.
3) It's Sunny in SD: http://fssunnysd.blogspot.com/. Sunny has a new job and doesn't have as much time to post as she used to, but I love her book reviews and the way she talks about her daily life with horses in South Dakota. She has a precious Arabian named Sunny, and cares for a whole herd that is bound to get into something interesting, fairly often. They recently purchased a horse for her husband, too. I have to thank Sunny for introducing me to Braymere Custom Saddlery.
4) Growing up in the Farmhouse: http://www.growingupinthefarmhouse.blogspot.com/. A fellow Pony Clubber who still rides and has a precious daughter who just got her own pony. I love to see what my friend is up to...right now she's in the midst of building a new house!
5) Dressage Mom: http://dressagemom.blogspot.com/. I admire this Dressage Mom. She has her goals set and is able to balance her riding with her family and work. She shares how she has been able to maintain this balance, which I really appreciate. Her Arabians are beautiful, and she is such a lovely rider.
6) Notes from the Squirrel Nest: http://buttercupgurl.blogspot.com/. I love this blog because she blogs about her older palomino, Buttercup, along with her wonderful menagerie of animals. They are all loved and so well cared for.
So, there we are, the Beautiful Blogger award has been passed on, to some very deserving blogs. :) I hope you come to enjoy them as much as I have. You may learn a thing or two from them as well!
Thank you for stopping by - Happy Riding!