Saturday, January 9, 2010

It's COLD Here!

The highs have been in the 20's and the lows in the teens, so we have ice. It was supposed to snow on Thursday, but it warmed up too much. We had a few flurries and some sleet, but nothing major. It was enough to make school start 2 hours later than normal on Friday though, and that was nice... :) But the kids were still dissapointed. See, snow in the south is a big deal!

So I took the kids to my parents' house today to play on the ice. The same thing I did when I was about 10 years old. It was so much fun watching them slide and skid on the ice. My Mom even dug the OLD ice skates out of the attic for the kids to try out!

Here is B with a piece of ice from the frozen creek:

B, A, and D on the bridge taking a break from all the fun:

A attempting to ice skate:

A taking a break on the bridge:


All three posing for a photo on the ice:



A and B on the ice:


D was skating pretty well on this small patch of ice:



You can see that it wasn't frozen solid, but it was thick enough to hold them up!



D posing again on the ice -
Now I need to go find the photos of me ice skating on this same creek
when I was about 10 years old!


No comments: